Thursday 10 March 2011

Because painting is cool.





This is the legend that started it off.
Well not really a legend... but something which i got a lot of positive feedback for at the end of last year. We were meant to do a wash over a page, then work on top. However, due to the black poster paint crusted to the bottom of my palette, what was meant to be a light green turned to a really dark emerald. It was hardwork to bring the light back into the page, but when it finally worked I decided to dedicate my latest project to painting more naked people :)



Dont like quite as much. A little rushed. experimented with layering washes and background.





What I did today :) Im really liking how my painting is coming along. Dean (the kick ass tutor) told me to concentrate on using blocks of colour and directional brushstrokes to create a form, and its really starting to pull together.


Lucian Freud oils coming up soon...

1 comment: